Thursday 30 September 2010

.More macarons and no ears pierced.


My second batch of macarons = success!! I'm still not sure why I am getting the little peaks on the top of them...does any one know why?  It would help them to sit flat for photographing!!!

These were raspberry flavoured.  A few of my Facebook followers suggested lime, which I was very partial to, but I had no limes on hand and didn't want to go to the shops so they will be the next ones I try!


 The only thing I am not entirely satisfied with is getting an intense flavour.  The macarons I have tried have a really strong flavour and I'm sure that professional macaron bakers must have access to some brilliant flavour essences!  I'm sure that a google search will open my eyes to a wide range of flavourings :)


So, onto other news...last night I was totally spoiled and treated to a divine massage here.  I decided to take the plunge and get my ears pierced straight afterwards.  My Dad has never liked pierced ears, my two sisters got theirs done when they were a bit older and I have always been happy to stand alone and go piercing-free.  When Dad found out that I was going to get it done, I believe he put his head in his hands and said, "Noooo!"  Okay, that could be a tad dramatic but I'm sure it went something like that :)  Turns out he got his way as the lady who was supposed to pierce my ears had to leave work to tend to an emergency, so no pierced ears today!  Should I go back and try again, or take this as a sign that it isn't mean to be?!!

Oooohhh...and THE MOST EXCITING THING EVER JUST ARRIVED IN THE MAIL FOR ME.  LIKE 2 MINUTES AGO.  AND I CAN'T TELL YOU ABOUT IT JUST YET BUT I AM SO EXTREMELY EXCITED AND AM GOING TO SPEND THE REST OF THE DAY WITH A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE!

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooh those macarons look divine, bet they tasted it too!
I'm thinking that was a sign with the ear piercing! But don't let me stop you! They would look great!
Have looked at that place to maybe get Mum a voucher for a massage, glad you enjoyed it!
I BET I KNOW what you got in the mail...I want one too!!!! Can't wait to check it out! Arrrggghhh! So excited for you!
We've gotta catch up soon, been toooooooo long! xxx

Carli said...

it is not a sign, go back today!

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy finally!!!!!!

Miss Amy said...

Did you pipe the macaroons?

if you dont lift up so much when you finish them off, they wont make a peak like that ;) (oh the days of working in a bakery)

They do look divine though :) Enjoy your mail!

randi said...

those macs look just lovely! maybe an extract would work?

The Kings said...

oh I need a massage. Aunty Deidre gives THE best ones. I should book in. You can't make earrings and not have your ears pierced! Uncle Tom will just have to live with it :)

rachelmp said...

Wow! Great macaroons. Enjoy that exciting mail!

Minka said...

The macaroons are SOOOO cute!

Rebecca said...

mmm I was 21 when I had mine done... its great being able to wear them if you want and to just leave them off too! Plus imagine all those Citrus pOp earings you could wear!!

No clue about the macaroons - maybe there is a way you can intensify the flavour of the fruit you use?

mamatamera said...

Hi! I found you via U Create and I'm loving your blog! (We are on totally different ends of the earth - I'm in North Pole, Alaska.) I'm intrigued by your macarons. In North America we make ours with sweetened coconut (and spell it "macaroons") and they usually have peaks on purpose. I'd love to try your recipe. Your totally going on my little private blog's roll.
As for the ear piercing... if you want it done go for it.

Erin said...

Ooooh... those macaroons look sooooo pretty. I am very partial to pink! Can't wait to hear about your special mail! XO

stashavalanche said...

I like those little peaks on your macaroons, but you're right, they are a bummer for photography.
Fingers crossed for your ear piercing - I'm glad I had mine done when I was a kid, I don't think I'd have the courage now!

Unknown said...

Toni, wish I could taste the macaroons, they look delicious. How did Lil's hair go. What did you do?? Also, do go and get your ears pierced, you won't be sorry, I am sure!!!

Maryanne

Karin van D. said...

They look gorgeous. And delicious! I never tried making macarons, but it sure looks tempting.

Little Munchkins said...

More yummy macarons! I must go to Lindt for some soon.

What you received in the mail...I wonder if it's what I think it is??

Janet ~ Lola Pink Fabrics said...

Those macarons look wonderful and the color is perfect ~ pink, my favorite color! I voted for the lime but these look very tasty. Mail?? Good Job!

Karen said...

Oh boy - you got an advance didn't you - a real version of your hard work, to play with and touch and feel and oooohhh over!!

Lori said...

I love those macarons. They look perfect. If you want to get rid of that little tip on top- maybe a different piping tip. I dunno- just a thought.

Related Posts with Thumbnails